Friday, December 22, 2006

Firsts

Coming home from work this past Wednesday I had a blowout to the left rear tire. The spare was fixed to the undercarriage at the rear of the car. It was the most pathetic, bedraggled-looking little donut tire ever. It appeared not much more reliable than an actual donut. And a donut with sprinkles might have had more traction. Another disconcerting question entering my mind was: Should I be able to squeeze the tire with my bare hand? Anyway, I got the spare on and Judy came to the rescue with some fix-a-flat. And that folks, was the very first tire I'd ever changed.

So, two things I've only done once in my life are: changing a tire and changing a diaper (about 20 years ago). Guess which one made me gag.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh zach. did you want to babysit Jill this week? she poops about 6-7 times a day!! that'll break you in. :)

Poppa and Grandma Netty said...

Zach, I'm looking forward to some interesting monologue about the trip to Hawaii. You always have such an interesting take on things. By the way, I helped change a tire one time and I gagged.

Sarah W. said...

I have never changed a tire, but I bet I would gag too. I have however changed so many dirty diapers that I lost count after about 1,000!!!