Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Latest Effort


This is a potrait I did of Courtney Tramundanas, Andy and Michelle T's oldest. I've been working on it intermittently over the past several weeks. I drew it from a photo taken on her b-day 2006.
It was done on gray paper, the paper color serving for the middle tones. When blocking the outlines of the face and features I used vine charcoal - a very delicate charcoal which erases effortlessly. For the highlights and shadows I used a white and a black Conte Crayon - and on occasion a charcoal pencil.
I was very happy with how it turned out, particularly the hair - which is something I've been impatient with in the past.
I framed it and took it over to their house this past saturday evening, partly hoping it would make up for not having gotten any b-day presents for them this year (and hoping it's close enough calendar-wise to serve as their Christmas present).

3 comments:

Melinda Palmer said...

That's amazing! It's so beautiful. I think that would make up for a LOT of missed gifts!

Poppa and Grandma Netty said...

Well, Zach....do you just do one of those a year? I would love to have my G-kids drawn for my Birthday ....Christmas....and every occasion in between ....what a treat for the Tramundanas family.
Good job!

Victor and Kathy Karcich said...

Zack~ That is an awesome picture you drew of Courtney. Looks just like her. Way to go!