Monday, May 29, 2006

Soul Patrol / Miss Kitka / the Idol

Congrats, Taylor Hicks. I knew you were a contender when you crossed that long room to hear the triumvirate's verdict on whether you'd made the final 24 - playing a blistering harp solo the entire way. As if trying to conjure up some old soul voodoo. I sure like Kat as well - what a charmer. Each week I'd call once for Taylor and once for Katharine. Better make that CD fast, Taylor. We consumers forget quickly.

The other day at work I had the occasion to speak with a very refined-sounding and gracious lady who turned out to be an assisant for Lee Meriwether. Those of you out there who are old enough to remember the old campy Batman TV series will be aware that Ms Meriwether was one of the "Cat-Women" along with Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt. She appeared as Catwoman in the Batman feature film, and her alter ego was a sultry Russian named Miss Kitka. I was not aware, however, that she was also Miss America, not sure of the year. It's interesting to have these intermittent contacts with celebrity. I've had several of them - with a few being with the famous person him or herself. The ones I've spoken to have been mostly down to earth seeming people, though I have spoken to an assistant or two who seemed convinced they were endowed with papal authority.

And now back to the theme of music "Idols." Here is a video which you may have seen before on this blog. It stars, in my opinion, the greatest living Rock Idol in the world. He's my favorite anyway. And by the way, Macca, hang in there. If I could, I'd sing you a song which would take you to that place - where you could find your Brave Face.

Yes, I have removed Macca's video for the time being. Rest assured he'll get back eventually in some form or other. I found another video code site with lots more of his videos. I think I saw it on the Freiberg blog.

1 comment:

Sarah W. said...

How do you feel about Paul and his wife? It made me a little sad for them. I guess he is going to be alone when he's 64, eh?