Sunday, May 14, 2006

Two Matriarchs


In honor of Mother's Day I thought I'd post this photo. Shown are my Mom, myself, and Mama Taylor. We are in the rear parking lot of my Dad's Lakewood clinic. Behind us is our old green station wagon (for the young out there, the term "station wagon" would later evolve into "mini-van," and then "SUV").
This photo was one of several photos and mementos which were gathered by Mom and then given to me in an envelope.
Mom spends most of her days in the realm of the selfless. I look at this picture and see two women who have gone multiple extra miles, many times over.
And that more than anything is why, when Mom told us she didn't "need" anything for Mother's day, we collectively answered, "Too bad! You're not the boss of us!"

1 comment:

PRahman said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderfulness, bro!